Kroka Expeditions seeks an Office Manager to take a lead role in supporting all aspects of our dynamic and growing organization. Core responsibilities include human resources management (contracting, payroll, and benefits), financial administration (accounts payable), and general communications (telephone, email). We seek an administrative leader who will join us in creating a culture of personal care and attention for all staff and students, frugal stewardship of our financial and material resources, and positive initiative for creative problem solving during our busy summer season.
This is a year-round, part-time or full-time position: 30-40 hours per week, and includes some weekend responsibilities during the 8-week summer season. Ideal candidate will be able to start work in April 2024
- ensure that the office is a healthy and productive work space
- manage office supplies and office common spaces
- manage telephone system and voicemail
- manage incoming and outgoing postal mail
- hire and contract new employees
- conduct new employee background checks
- manage bi-weekly payroll
- manage retirement and health insurance benefits
- adjust and apply Kroka policies in a fair and transparent manner
- pay bills on a weekly basis
- prepare bank deposits
- assist in reconciling bank accounts on a monthly basis
- quarterly and annual financial reporting
- monitor expenses for compliance with annual operating budget
- College degree or comparable work experience
- Outgoing personality excited to talk on the phone and provide exemplary customer service
- Experience with administrative workflow in a modern office
- Knowledge and understanding of outdoor education/expedition programming
- Strong computer skills and comfort with financial numbers.
- Detail-oriented but able to see the big picture
Compensation & Benefits
This is a year-round part-time or full-time salaried position (30-40 hours per week. Compensation will range from $42,000 – $48,000 commensurate with experience. Kroka’s staff benefits include health insurance, retirement, paid vacation, health days & holidays, professional development, and many other benefits inherent in being part of a diverse and hard-working community. Subsidized on-campus housing may be available.