We strive to create an inclusive community that is welcoming and affirming for people from diverse backgrounds. We invite participation from all people regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, or socio-economic status. We recognize that the world of Outdoor Education is a historically white space and commit to supporting participation from underrepresented students through scholarships and financial aid. We are committed to growing our cultural competency and our capacity to accommodate and affirm the full diversity of human beings who may be part of the community.
STRATEGIC PLAN FOR DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
We are actively working toward furthering our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at Kroka while celebrating the richness of our community. Our Committee for Inclusion and Belonging is composed of year-round and seasonal staff and alumni who are developing a strategic plan for our DEI work. If you are interested in joining us in this work, please email Lindsay Moon at email@example.com.
THINGS WE’RE ALREADY DOING:
- All programs offered on a sliding scale tuition
- More than $350,000 in financial aid awarded
- Commitment to serving local families in NH
- Welcoming refugee children from Ukraine and Central America
- We offer programs for underrepresented youth from Boston, NYC, and Newark
- International staff join our community each summer from Ecuador and Brazil
- Integration of service-learning in our curriculum
- Kroka is an equal opportunity employer
- Women make up more than 60% of our year-round team
WHAT WE’RE WORKING ON:
- Eliminating gendered language from our website, brochures and forms
- Ensuring Kroka is a safe space for all students, regardless of their background
- Dedicating 2 full days of summer staff training to DEI training
- Increasing the racial diversity of our staff community
- Expanding scholarship opportunities across all program areas
- Moving toward a collaborative leadership model
- Expanding the impact of our Borderlands curriculum through service work at the US-mexico border
- And much more!