At Kroka Farm, apprentices have a unique opportunity to learn about organic and biodynamic farming, work with students in a farm setting and live in a robust intentional community of exceptional young people. No prior farming experience is necessary, though a strong interest in both agriculture and community is essential to your success!
Learn the trade
- Work side-by-side with experienced and dedicated farmers on a working educational farm
- Dairy- Milking, yogurt and cheese making, holistic small herd management, rotational grazing
- Poultry- sustainable egg production, humane practices and rotational flock grazing
- Fruit and vegetable gardening- Growing variety of fruits and vegetables for community of 100 people using organic and biodynamic practices including processing and preserving the harvest.
Gain teach experience
- Work with 800 students over the course of the growing season during morning chores, farm work projects and specific farm programs and camps
- Observe experienced educators
- Receive feedback from mentors and developing effective teaching styles
- Monthly work-visits to a diversity of progressive farms in Vermont and New Hampshire
Live in community
- Share a canvas wall tent set amidst staff village
- Develop personal living habits in harmony with natural world
- Have opportunities to participate in paddling, climbing, hiking and other adventure and wilderness skills training with Kroka guides
- Plants, animals, and students need our care and attention no matter the weather or circumstances.
- Sometimes you will work alongside our farmers, other apprentices, or with students. Sometimes you may work alone. No matter the circumstances, we will be counting on you to contribute.
- Our work is physically demanding, and must be done with care and attention to detail every single day.
Stipend and benefits
- In addition to a weekly stipend of $100, apprentices receive delicious meals, comfortable eco-housing on Kroka campus, and invaluable educational experiences. A full season commitment is required to be eligible for the position.